REEDS Jewelers Asks MemphisStudents to Express “Why I Love my MOM”
REEDS Jewelers essay contest promotes writing skills among local youths
MEMPHIS, Tenn. –REEDS Jewelers, sponsor of a Mother’s Day Essay Contest, is partnering with Memphis schools to promote writing skills.
Fourth and fifth graders in Memphis are invited to submit essays on the topic ‘Why I Love My MOM’.
- One student will be selected from each participating school as a grand prize winner.
- The student will be awarded a diamond pendant for his/her mother.
- The winning essay will be judged on relevance to the topic, content, grammar, and penmanship.
- All students participating in the contest will receive an honorable mention certificate and the opportunity to pick up a complimentary bookmark at their local REEDS Jewelers to present to their mom on Mother’s Day.
- The contest begins April 2 and entries are due at participating schools on April 20. Winners will be notified and presentations will be made at participating schools from April 23-May 4.
REEDS Jewelers will work directly through Memphis schools and teachers to reward children for their academic achievements and to honor the role that their mothers play in their lives. During last year’s contest, REEDS Jewelers saw strong participation within its 18-state footprint. In 2011 in Memphis:
- 11 schools participated
- 1164 students wrote essays
- Over 864 complimentary bookmarks were made available for students with honorable mention certificates
- 11 Diamond pendants were given out to Grand Prize Winners
REEDS Jewelers, a family-run business founded in 1946, attributes its success to a strong sense of community. The contest, now in its seventh year, was created to encourage children academically and to honor mothers for their contribution.
Memphis REEDS Jewelers locations:
- 4650MerchantsParkCir # 840, Collierville
- 2760 N Germantown Pkwy # 278,Memphis
About REEDS Jewelers
REEDS Jewelers’ was founded in 1946 in Wilmington, NC by Bill and Roberta Zimmer. Understanding that the trust of their customers was their most valuable asset, the Zimmer family has carefully grown REEDS Jewelers into the largest family-owned jewelry store chain in the country. www.reeds.com